Sometimes it’s time. Sometimes it’s a word of encouragement. Sometimes it’s a financial investment.
United Way of Abilene relies on all three to…
Volunteers like YOU are part of this collaborative effort that values stewardship and results.
- Facilitate discussion between area non-profit organizations to identify the needs of our community
- Collaborate with area businesses and organizations to meet these needs through volunteerism, publicity and fundraising
- Serve 19 counties in West Central Texas
- Enlist volunteers to review area programs and make sure community dollars are well spent
- Invest community dollars in vital programs to serve clients and produce results
The mission of the United Way of Abilene is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of the West Central Texas area. We strive to collaborate to improve lives and better our community. We will do this by actively seeking to leverage the intellectual, organizational, institutional, financial, faith-based and personal resources of our communities as the best means to make positive, measurable and lasting change for the communities we serve.
United Way of Abilene takes our role as a resource, partner, and steward very seriously. We engage community volunteers to oversee every aspect of our management and financial systems to ensure we are operating at the highest levels of professionalism and excellence, and in the best interests of our community. Led by an army of volunteers, we strive to make a measurable, lasting impact that will keep our community strong. Click on the links below for additional information about the network of care United Way provides to the community as a steward, collaborator, resource and much more.
- 2017 Annual Report - Summarizes our community impact, investments and volunteer involvement. Find out why community members advocate for United Way and how you can be a part of the effort.
- 2016 Audit - This document provides an independent audit of our financial position.
- IRS Form 990 - This form is the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)’s designation for the tax return that most public charities are required by law to submit annually. This form is used by the IRS to assess the non-profit organization for its compliance with tax. Information contained in the form includes a summary of the organization’s activities, assets, receipts, expenditures, and compensation of directors, officers, and certain employees.
- IRS Form 990 - Foundation - This document provides an independent audit of the financial position of the United Way Foundation of Abilene.
Fall/Winter 2017 Newsletter
5.30.18 - United Way of Abilene Announces Catalyst Funding Opportunity