Catalyst Funding supports community efforts that strategically align investments with long-term solutions related to our focus areas of health, education, and financial stability. Particularly, we will consider proposals that:
- align with the mission of United Way of Abilene.
- demonstrate fiscal accountability.
- demonstrate the ability to measure and document outcomes.
- demonstrate the capacity and leadership necessary to complete the proposed activity.
- describe the increase/decrease in demand for services, operational distress, costs to continue current services, and/or anticipated fundraising loss due to COVID-19.
Awards will not be granted to:
- fundraising, capital campaigns, or endowment efforts.
- deficit financing.
- grants to individuals.
- be a non-profit, tax-exempt organization, health or human service organization, or a governmental agency providing health and human services.
- provide services that benefit residents in the 19 counties served by United Way of Abilene.
- maintain a local, voluntary board of directors comprised of enough members to conduct business and provide quality oversight.
- file an IRS 990 and provide one filed if serving as the fiscal agent for the partnership.
Catalyst funding requests should not exceed $10,000.
2022 Catalyst Timeline:
1. Catalyst Grants open Thursday, June 23, 2022, and are due to the United Way of Abilene office by 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 28, 2022.
Application: Word Doc | Editable PDF
2. In August, the Volunteer Service Award recipient will review all applications.
3. Catalyst Grants are presented during the Campaign Kick-off on Tuesday, August 8, 2022.
Please contact Jenn Waldmann at 325.677-1841 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.