#AbileneUnited Housing & Utility Program
A partnership between United Way of Abilene and the City of Abilene.
- Have experienced a particular loss due to COVID-19;
- Live within the Abilene city limits;
- Meet all program criteria; and
- Ensure a complete application.
There is a limited amount of funding and not all applications will be funded. You will be contacted should additional funding become available and if you are approved for funding.
Generally, Subrecipient shall utilize CDBG-CV funds to provide rental assistance to income-eligible Households economically impacted by the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”) to help them stay housed during the pandemic by paying for up to six months of rent, including rental arrears, with at least one of those months covering a current or future month of rent. Current and future months of rent must be consecutive.
This funding is not guaranteed, and assistance issued is based on a one-time payment and dependent on available funding. If a household is funded, a paper or direct deposit check will be issued directly to the landlord, mortgage holder, or utility provider.
- Your email address,
- Contact information for the landlord or mortgage holder including email address,
- Scan/Photo of Proof of Identity. Examples of acceptable Identification may include one of the following: Driver’s License, State Identification Card, or Passport
- Scan/Photo of last 2 most recent pay stubs, social security stubs, unemployment compensation stubs, or a YTD Profit Loss Statement if self employed
- If applying for rental assistance, please download and have available the Texas Emergency Rental Assistance Program (TERAP) Tenant Certification form ENGLISH or SPANISH and the TERAP Household Income Certification form ENGLISH or SPANISH
You will receive an email regarding your application status and may return to this portal to check on the status of your application. Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing and potential approval.
For more information or assistance completing your application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (325) 677-1675.