ABOUT THE UNITED WAY OF ABILENE
TOGETHER WE CAN DO MORE
Everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health. That’s why United Way’s work is focused on the building blocks for a good life: EDUCATION, INCOME, and HEALTH. We work with our Community Partners to address the needs of today and tomorrow while seeking ways to create positive, lasting change. Everyone in West Central Texas is connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, when people are healthy.
HELPING CHILDREN AND YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR POTENTIAL
PROMOTING FINANCIAL STABILITY AND INDEPENDENCE
SOMETIMES IT’S TIME. SOMETIMES IT’S A WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT. SOMETIMES IT’S A FINANCIAL INVESTMENT.
United Way of Abilene relies on all three to…
- Facilitate discussion between area non-profit organizations to identify the needs of our community
- Collaborate with area businesses and organizations to meet these needs through volunteerism, publicity and fundraising
- Serve 19 counties in West Central Texas
- Enlist volunteers to review area programs and make sure community dollars are well spent
- Invest community dollars in vital programs to serve clients and produce results
Volunteers like YOU are part of this collaborative effort that values stewardship and results.
The mission of the United Way of Abilene is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of the West Central Texas area. We strive to collaborate to improve lives and better our community. We will do this by actively seeking to leverage the intellectual, organizational, institutional, financial, faith-based and personal resources of our communities as the best means to make positive, measurable and lasting change for the communities we serve.
United Way of Abilene takes our role as a resource, partner, and steward very seriously. We engage community volunteers to oversee every aspect of our management and financial systems to ensure we are operating at the highest levels of professionalism and excellence, and in the best interests of our community. Led by an army of volunteers, we strive to make a measurable, lasting impact that will keep our community strong. Click on the links below for additional information about the network of care United Way provides to the community as a steward, collaborator, resource and much more.
- 2019 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2018 Audit – This document provides an independent audit of our financial position.
- 2018 IRS Form 990 – This form is the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)’s designation for the tax return that most public charities are required by law to submit annually. This form is used by the IRS to assess the non-profit organization for its compliance with tax. Information contained in the form includes a summary of the organization’s activities, assets, receipts, expenditures, and compensation of directors, officers, and certain employees.
- IRS Form 990 – Foundation – This document provides an independent audit of the financial position of the United Way Foundation of Abilene.
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital